About Me

My photo
A little bit of this and that :) but wholeheartedly me :)

Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Pain of Being Me



Does anyone care, does anyone know?
My suffering, my anguish? No!
I am alone, crying in pain
While the world looks on in disdain.
I long not for pity nor for kind words,
For in solitude, I know, lie my rewards.
So why then do I cry and weep?
What wound could be there so deep,
That I see pain in love,
Sorrow in the stars above,
Tears in the dance of the rain
And sadness in every thought of my brain.

Then I realized it's because of me,
The way I was made to be.

Loneliness and suffering are my friends,
Sorrow's control o'er me never ends.

O how I long to rise on the wings of dawn,
To fly away and be far gone.
To fly over lands and fields of green,
To behold what no eye has ever seen,
To sing with the stars at night,
Making the darkness melodious and bright,
To sail over the vast endless ocean
With joy being my only emotion,
O'er the white mountains to sing and glide
With the wind my solitary guide.

Alas! tis but a dream
As with all my other schemes.
I will always be on the ground,
For my feet to earth are bound.
I am hemmed in by sorrow,
Each day my pain will grow.

So I will pass through this life shriveled and torn,
And perhaps to a better future be born.

But then I will always be me,
A Child of Sorrow that I'm meant to be!

No comments: