About Me

My photo
A little bit of this and that :) but wholeheartedly me :)

Friday, December 19, 2008

Loneliness

Trudge this word alone I must
For all I have is my mind, my sense.
Everything else is but dust,
Alone must I dwell within my fence.
I ask for nothing, nothing you hear,
This world has nothing, nothing dear.
Everything that seems to be of worth,
Always to sorrow does it give birth.
To be alone is not so bad,
T'is the best that can be had,
To tread upon the sands of time,
Looking for verse and rhyme.
Aye, such a life a poet must live,
Loneliness is for his mind a sieve,
A filter through which all beauty appears
Whether his mind be in joy or fear.
So leave me be, leave me you hear,
To no one do I long to be near.
Just me, my thoughts alone,
Alone, alone, so alone...

No comments: