About Me

My photo
A little bit of this and that :) but wholeheartedly me :)

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Yesterday, Now and Tomorrow



T' is often said that distance makes the heart grow fonder and tonight I can testify the truth of this saying. The todays we face right now often seem to pale in comparison with the glorious yesterdays and yesteryears. Of late, I too have fallen prey to this trap of glorifying events passed, to the extent that the present moment seems bleak and dark, and that joy and happiness seem to diminish with every "Happy New Year" that we greet each other with.

It however has taken a bit of magic in the form of a piece(Flying through the clouds)(in video below) by my favorite pianist Yuko Ohigashi to set in motion the cob-webbed, long ignored voice of reason in my head which got me thinking "Were the yesteryears really so happy and trouble-free as compared to the situation that we find ourselves in today?" The answer was a resounding NO! They are however better than the now because we managed to get through whatever hardships were present then.

Then it hit me, these todays are the yesterdays I'm going to cherish in the near and distant future. Instead of lamenting and pining away for things passed, I realize now that I am better off trying to make NOW into a wonderful and heart-warming past, with the knowledge and satisfaction that I did all I could to make it so and at the same continue to adore and cherish all that had gone on in my life. :)


Spirit of affairs long past,
You have found me deep in thought
And your spell on me have you cast;
In melancholy is my mind fraught.
Thoughts of things past and gone,
Far away from this very moment,
Of scenes in my heart long drawn;
O'er these I cry and lament.
Unwilling in my heart lo let go
T' is dragging my spirits low
Yet t'is beyond my every power
To return to that happy hour
Of the things that have been
But now are no more.
But t' is clear now, I have seen
Shut now is that door.

So, sad spirit leave me be,
T 'is better, can't you see,
To leave things as they are?
I will now look to things far,
But will be forwards, and not back
Onwards will I slash and hack,
Through every pain and sorrow I face
I will change this unhappy place,
To one with joy and smiles galore
Like the ones that I so adore,
While loving and cherishing even more,
All that had come and been before.

Below is a song called "Flying through the clouds" by Yuko Ohigashi mentioned above

No comments: