About Me

My photo
A little bit of this and that :) but wholeheartedly me :)

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A Little Love


“So tell that some one that you love,
Just what you’re thinking of,
If tomorrow never comes.”

Words I believe will probably be etched in my memory for an eternity. A little love shown? Why was I so stupid to take things for granted? A little love and care showing itself in words or deeds…sounds none too difficult for anyone. And then the words “I love you,” “You mean a lot to me”. Words which take only a few seconds to say yet which might bring into bloom the flower of love that will last for a lifetime. A lifetime? But what if that lifetime was cut off before the beautiful blooming blossom of love reached its full splendor?

That’s a question that demanded an answer from me on the 7th of October, 2003, when out of nowhere, with no warning whatsoever my brother passed away. Immediately I asked myself, “What had I done to show him my love, care and concern?” Little or none was the sad but true answer as I have always been one afraid to show my true feelings to anyone. Then I realized that I would have to bear the pain of going through this life knowing that I would never be able to show my brother how much I loved him, how much he really meant to me. It hurts….a lot. But it taught me a really valuable lesson-not to take life and love for granted and now as I go through life, I try my best to show my dear ones my love and care for them. The smile I get from them helps to relief my pain gradually, and now I am more peaceful knowing that my loved ones know my love for them. But that hole left by my brother’s demise, I am afraid will always be there.

So as you go through life, don’t just rush through. Take time to show your beloved ones your love and care. It might even just help lift their storms and heartaches. It will cost you little, but will give you much. That I promise you. So don’t delay, say it now.

Never leave your “I love you’s” for tomorrow
Tomorrow is not a certainty.
You might end up with regret and sorrow.
Say it today, and so forth forever in eternity.

3 comments:

Benny Sumer Yanthan said...

(hug)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

John, it's awesome, keep up the great job :)))